Hot Collection

Is Kangana Ranaut playing Gitanjali in ‘Fashion’?

Saturday, October 13, 2007
We know by now that realistic filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar has chosen to reveal the darker sides of the fashion world this time. After roping in Priyanka Chopra to play the lead role and walk the ramp along Tyra Banks and Kate Moss in his next film ‘Fashion’, his next big choice is Kangana Ranaut who will portraying the role of a ‘riches to rags‘ fallen model. The little birdie has it that this role has similarity to the model Gitanjali Nagapal aka Gitu.

However Bhandarkar denies it saying, “It’s just a coincidence that Kangana has a strong resemblance to Gitanjali. On her own Kangana is a very good actress,” he laughs and adds “We have been working in the script for more than a year now and Gitanjali’s case came to light only recently. It proved to be an interesting twist to the tail.”

However, Kangana contradicts the director saying, “Yes, I’m playing Gitanjali Nagpal’s role. It was my desire to work in Madhur Sir’s film someday. When he narrated me the role, I became very emotional and I connected with it instantly. I know I will be able to live up to the expectation,” says Kangana. And as for the role preparation goes, she says, “I have seen Gitanjali on television and also have gone through the various press cuttings. It’s a heart wrenching story of a top model and her road to self destruction. Before shooting I will analyze what went wrong in her life and how did she end up in mess like this, then only I will be able to do the role,” she informs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails